East European Comic Con 2016

By 1:14:00 PM , , , , , , ,

East European Comic Con is over and done with for now!

I've been present to this event since the first edition back in 2013 and this year has been even more interesting than the other editions.

In this article, I will resume the most important events that have happened at East European Comic Con 2k16 and I will tell you about my experience!



Friday

On Friday, me and my friends have gotten to the con at about 4 p.m., the specified hour for the event, but as far as the queue went, we waited for a bit before going in. Me, being the smart person I (always) am, have decided to assault the Vendors' Hall, where all the merchandise was being held, and buy whatever I wanted to. Let me tell you, shopping for merchandise is even more tiring than a day at the mall with your mother, and me, being really pretentious when it comes to choosing merchandise, have spent some extra time looking at each shop. I have gotten myself about 4 figures and 2 posters which, let me tell you, were totally worth it.
Me and my friends waiting in the queue for EECC
That was a long queue!

The League of Legends stand

Look at this amazing Krul Tepes cosplay!
Aaaand...my friend proposed to Deadpool...he said yes.



I didn't really participate in any major events on Friday because there weren't any that really interested me, but instead I spent some time around Ubisoft's stand, waiting for goodies that were being held in a crate that resembled the one in The Division. Also, I attended Bobospider's panel, a guy that I find really charismatic. Well, if you don't speak Romanian, you won't understand a thing of what he says in his streamings, but just trust me when I say that he's very witty and funny and I enjoy hearing him talk.

On Friday it wasn't very crowded because, well, it was the first day of the con and not many people attended it. What I didn't really enjoy on Friday was how everyone was gathered in the League of Legends zone, but that may be only because I don't particularly like the game and because there were mainly children.

Saturday

Saturdays are the most crowded days of every con on Earth, and EECC was no exception. On Friday I did my Sailor Moon cosplay which turned out suprisingly well and for which I will post (sometime, in the future) a photoshoot that looks less shitty than the photos that I took at the con.



Sailor Moon: Civil War
I really dislike LoL, but I didn't miss any chance to touch any Ahri cosplayer's fluffy tails! Soooo fluffy!
Ugly selfie lol but appreciate the fact that I took
my time to apply make-up and fake eyelashes
On Saturday the atmosphere was suffocating: it was REALLY crowded, and the effect was doubled by the weather which was so hot I felt my head burning under my wig. Also, despite the fact that I haven't really attended any panels, I have toured the halls over and over again in hopes of finding people that will recognize me. I was very happy to see that the first two people that stopped me were females around the age of 30 who literally fangirled when they saw me. Also, another highlight of my day as Sailor Moon has been when an 8-year girl practically ran and hugged me, yelling how much she loves Sailor Moon and how a 40-years-old man asked me for a photo by saying that Sailor Moon has been his favorite anime as a child. Now, I know that this isn't surprising for cosplayers, but for me, this cosplay has been my first serious experience and for a country that is as conservative as mine, feeling as welcomed and as loved as I did while cosplaying this character was something completely new for me.



Look at that absolutely destroyed wall...
Also, on Saturday I got to see Sylvester McCoy walking around the con and let me tell you, he is the most adorable old man I have seen in my life! He's just so tiny!

In the name of the Moon, I'll punish you!
On Saturday I have attended Bromania's panel which, again, is a Romanian entertainer/viner, which was a panel that I have really really looked forward to.
Look at mah beautiful squad!










Saturday has been a busy and tiring day and the boots have totally killed my feet! By the end of the day, I had to have my friends drag me because I couldn't walk. Also, I hate wigs.






Sunday

Sundays are the saddest days when it comes to conventions, because it means that it's the last day and people aren't attending as much as they did on Saturday, but it also means that it's less crowded and suffocating.

On Sunday, I got to test Overwatch, which is absolutely AMAZING, and I'm not a fan of shooter games because they usually make me really mad when I get killed, just like Mobas and MMORPGs, but this one is designed beautifully and it's just so enjoyable.

I also attended Mark Pellegrino's panel, aka Lucifer from Supernatural, who is an extremely intelligent person. He talked about various topics, such as literature, philosophy, religion and he gave advice for aspiring actors. Also, he talked a lot about Supernatural and its cast and gave his opinion on the season finale (which I'm not going to spoil because I, myself, haven't watched it yet!). However, I was really sad that I didn't have the chance to ask him a question because he ran out of time :(

I didn't cosplay on Sunday because I had been so tired on Saturday that I swore to myself that if I was going to wear heels for one more day I was definetly going to kill myself!


Conclusions

East European Comic Con 2016 has passed way too fast and I liked it so so much. What I didn't like, however, wase fact that the Gaming Hall was always crowded with children waiting to be given free stuff, that the gaming competitions weren't properly organized, for example, some tournaments weren't even held, even if they had previously announced the participants.

But there are more pros than cons, such as a beautiful team of volunteers, and the fact that the food was good this year. Also, I liked how they allowed the fans more freedom around the actors at panels, for example, fans were allowed to hug Mark Pellegrino at his panel.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this event, thank you to the man behind all this, and I hope that they will never stop doing this con!

For more details, watch the video below!

P.S. : don't kill me for the crappy editing of the video, I was too tired to make it more sophisticated. Also I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO TURN VIDEOS AROUND PLS HELP???







You Might Also Like

0 comments