The Bookish Bookin Book Tag

By 11:48:00 AM , , , , , , , , , , ,

While browsing the Internet tonight, since I had no idea what to write about, I saw something called "The Bookish Bookin Book Tag". A few links later, I decided that "YES, THIS IS WHAT I'M GONNA BLOG ABOUT TONIGHT!!!".

And, well, here we are...

The one who gave me the idea is Kayleigh, who you can find here. I am really happy that I came across her blog, you should totally read her blog too!

The one who actually started this tag is Bekah AwesomeBookNut, whose video you can watch here. I watched several videos of hers while actually trying to understand what this whole booklover's community is about, and let me tell you, she's the SWEETEST.

Now that the introductions are over, let's get through to....


THE BOOKISH BOOKIN BOOK TAG
~ or at least my version of it




1. What is a well loved book that you hated?

Twilight. Oh my god, just don't even get me started on it, it was so awful and I didn't even get through to read the whole series...I remember being in the seventh grade or so and borrowing it from my school's library and not being able to read even half of it. The movies were even worse. 

2. What is a guilty pleasure book?

I think that a guilty pleasure book of mine would be Looking for Alaska by John Green, and I know how much of a clichee that is. I totally dig it and it's going to be on my "favorites" list forever and ever and I will even have my children read it. (together with the Harry Potter series, of course)

3. Have you ever spoiled a book for someone? If so, which book?

Well, I'm quite a walking spoiler alert myself. I spoiled All the Bright Places for my boyfriend last week but he didn't get angry. I also spoiled Angelology by Danielle Trussoni to one of my friends, and she almost kicked my butt.

4. What book made you ugly cry?

Oh, boy... I cried a waterfall while reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. THE MOVIE WAS EVEN WORSE.

5. What is your latest DNF?

Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. Even though it's a classic, I find it very hard to read, and every time I get into the athmosphere of the plot I get distracted. I think this is due to the very long descriptions; even though they make the characters very real and, don't get me wrong, I think that the way the characters are built is the only charm of this book, I wish it had a plot.

6. Which book have you read due to controversy?

The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green. It wasn't as spectacular as described, but I liked it. It really has some beautiful lines here and there.

7. Have you read a book where you questioned the authors' sanity?

As much as I would like to say Fifty Shades, I can't say that E.L. James is crazy, therefore I don't think I've ever read this kind of book.

8. What is the most cringe-worthy book you've read?

FIFTY SHADES OF GREY by E.L. James. Do I even need to say why?

9. What book have you read sole due to the cover?

Everyone Leaves by Wendy Guerra, and I don't regret it, since it was such an enlightning and beautifully-written book. The innocence of the protagonist and her journey to adulthood made me both happy and sad and it was just beautifull to join her in this amazing ride that was this novel. I truly recommend it.

10. Name a book you're embarrassed to admit you've read.

I don't think I have such a book, but I am a bit ashamed to admit that I've read Fifty Shades.

11. Name an unknown book you wish more people know of.

September by Rosamunde Pilcher. The characters are built so beautifully and the plot itself evolves really smoothly. What I like the most about this book are the small details that one may not observe at first. It definetly deserves more popularity from the fans of the genre. And Haunting and Gathering by Anna Gavalda, my absolute favorite book ever deserves more love, please.

12. Name a favorite villain.

I would totally say Severus Snape from the Harry Potter series, even though he's so problematic and everything he does is so wrong and, I KNOW, OKAY?! He was an asshole. But I was oh, so young when I read the books and I loved his story and no one can tell me that Snape isn't worthy of loving. So hush, now, dear Reader.

13. Name a book you enjoyed that you read that is outside the norm of genre you usually read.

Autumn Killing by Mons Kallentoft. I don't usually read crime, but I liked how this book is written, how it builds the suspense. It's written in an almost cinematic way, so that the reader can visualise the sceneries and figure out for himself the big mystery.

14. Name tropes you actually enjoy reading.

I think that my favorite trope would be the star-crossed lovers. It just makes me swoon and sigh and cry and it's so beautiful....

15. What/who inspired you to join book tube?

I'm not a part of the book tube, so I'll just have to say what inspired me to start blogging. I started blogging because I felt like I had something to share with the whole wide world and because I needed to write ASAP and since I'm on writer's blog and I can't find any quality ideas, I decided that brainstorming through a blog would be a great idea.


These being said, I hope you enjoyed this tag, dear Reader. I tag YOU, yes YOU, to do your own Bookish Bookin Book Tag. Enjoy! :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments