30 Days of Books - Day 1

By 10:21:00 AM , , , ,

As you can clearly see from my posts so far, I absolutely love making lists and reviewing! Becky, who I've been following for a while now, has written a post about something called '30 Days of Books'. Digging deeper, I found out that it was actually Jenni Elyse who started this trend. And because I'm such a sucker for making lists, I have officially decided to follow up with the two of them.



You have the full list below: 



  • Day 1: The best book you read last year 
  • Day 2: A book that you’ve read more than 3 times 
  • Day 3: Your favorite series 
  • Day 4: Favorite book of your favorite series 
  • Day 5: A book that makes you happy 
  • Day 6: A book that makes you sad 
  • Day 7: Most underrated book 
  • Day 8: Most overrated book 
  • Day 9: A book you thought you wouldn’t like but ended up loving 
  • Day 10: Favorite classic 
  • Day 11: A book you hated 
  • Day 12: A book you used to love but don’t anymore 
  • Day 13: Your favorite writer 
  • Day 14: Favorite book of your favorite writer 
  • Day 15: Favorite male character 
  • Day 16: Favorite female character 
  • Day 17: Favorite quote(s) from your favorite book(s) 
  • Day 18: A book that disappointed you 
  • Day 19: Favorite book turned into a movie 
  • Day 20: Favorite romance book 
  • Day 21: Favorite book from your childhood 
  • Day 22: Favorite book you own 
  • Day 23: A book you wanted to read for a long time but still haven’t 
  • Day 24: A book that you wish more people would’ve read 
  • Day 25: A character who you can relate to the most 
  • Day 26: A book that changed your opinion about something 
  • Day 27: The most surprising plot twist or ending 
  • Day 28: Favorite title(s) 
  • Day 29: A book everyone hated but you liked 
  • Day 30: favorite book of all time 


I will try to keep this up for 30 weeks, so I'll offer you one post a week.



Day 1: The Best Book You Read Last Year

2015 hasn't been a very fullfilling year for me, when it comes to reading. I've written a bit, sure, but I've mostly read mangas the entire year. Thank God for my boyfriend, who was kind enough to gift me with a book from time to time, so I was (somehow) forced to read. 

Fernando Trias de Bes - Ink, is a brilliant book that I have gotten from my boyfriend last year, about a librarian who is trying to find the source of his mistfortune. He meets a mathematician who is trying to do the same thing using formulae. They join forces and just like that, with the simplicity of one brilliant idea, they manage to publish the greatest book of them all: The Book of The Books.

What has drawn me to it the first time I spotted it in my local bookstore, was the beautiful cover art. I mean, even if you don't understand the title, you have to admit that it has a very beautiful cover: 



The book is beautifully-written; just like the main theme, simplicity, the characters themselves are very simple. What makes them unique is the way in which they think and interact with each other. It has many beautiful quotes that I have underlined in the book and bookmarked (as you can see in the photo above). Take this one, for example: " The writers are mad. They perceive reality in pieces. The only feel happy in their universe, a universe they have created through their writings, which isn't anything else but an imperfect system with an unsure balance, which sustains itself using the faults of its own conception; sand castles." This book is nothing else but an homage brought to the ink itself and to the word, the most powerfull tool of them all. The writer is compared to a god who uses words as his weapons, but in this book, the writer can no longer use his weapons.


By rediscovering the power of words, the characters rediscover themselves, they rediscover the pleasure of reading and of loving, and after you finish this book, you feel as though you have been there with them, you feel your hands dirty with ink and you cannot help but thank God for being able to use words.


I feel as though this book doesn't get as many readers as it should get. Seriously, people should pick it up and read it. It is tribute to the essence of humanity itself: the word.

I didn't manage to find a photo with the cover in English, but I'm sure that if you search hard enough, you would find it on Amazon. Anyway, give it a try; it's worth every second.







You Might Also Like

0 comments