Top 10 Anime Openings - Weeb Playlist 1

By 12:06:00 PM , , , , , , , , , ,

Lately I've been browsing my favorite playlist-creator site for new playlist/songs and I've come to the conclusion that I listen to too many anime openings and endings. Therefore, I have to create two playlists myself, one of 10 favorite openings, and one of 10 endings. Today, I offer you my Top 10 Favorite Anime Openings.


10. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun - Kimi Ja Nakya Dame Mitai 



This song is so catchy, it's stuck in my head since I saw GSNK! I think this is a great intro because it presents the characters in a way that doesn't give away too much. In order to truly understand the opening and all those tiny little details for each character (ex: the tanukis), you will have to advance in the storyline. 
The song itself matches the series perfectly, even though it's a love song from the perspective of a boy. I'm not trying to spoil you here, so I'm not saying more! If you want to know exactly what the guy says in the song, check out the English translation.

9. Soul Eater Opening 1 - Resonance 



This opening gets me so excited for what the anime has in store for its viewers. The beautiful and unusual art of the anime is well brought out in this opening, showing the characters in a badass manner. Bonus: you can't stop singing the song once you hear it once and if you ever blast it in your headphones, it gives you the coolest feeling.

8. Slayers Revolution - Plenty of Grit




Honestly, what I like the most about this opening is how great Lina looks! This anime is one of those very first animes that I have ever watched, and seeing anything related to it (and Lina, who is a protagonist that I really liked) makes my heart go doki doki ~. Being a newer series, the graphics are (obviously) better, which makes for a better opening. The characters are badass in this intro, the effects are on point, and it makes your heart beat faster in anticipation for the episode. 

7.  Attack on Titan (Shingeki No Kyojin) - Guren no Yumiya




DID YOU KNOW THAT THE FIRST LYRICS WERE IN GERMAN? 'CAUSE I HAD NO. FUCKING. IDEA UNTIL NOW!!
Ok, that's crazy.
This song is so damn catchy, and let me tell you, I haven't seen a single episode of this anime (you can now start throwing rocks at me). That's it, that's all I can say since I don't know too much about this show. I put this song on the seventh position because it is so good in itself, without having to be tied to the series and I think that makes it a great song. Besides, looking at the lyrics, I can see they fit the show's theme very very well, which is a bonus...I guess?

6. Toradora! Opening 1 - Pre-Parade

This opening brings out the characters' personality beautifully; it's so bright and colorfull and has a tiny little moment for every character. Honestly, while watching the anime, I never skipped it. It never failed to bring a smile on my face and everytime I stumble accross it I watch it. It's a great and catchy song that reminds me of Taiga and I can't help but imagine her singing it!

5. Uta no Prince- Sama Maji Love 2000% - Canon




This song makes me cry, honestly. The lyrics are so beautiful and in harmony with the theme of the anime and Mamoru Miyano's voice is...Oh. My. God. Don't get me started on his voice.
This opening is a masterpiece in itself: the scenes are beautiful and overflowing with colors, power and vitality. The characters are as beautiful as ever, the effects are surprising. Overall, everything is so well-made that it makes me cry. Well, almost everything, except that scene when their bodies start glowing and they're all naked and holding hands, I mean, I know this is, mostly, a harem-type anime, but can they at least not have glowing naked bodies?


4. Nana Opening 1- Black Rose


This song is one of the best j-rock songs that I have ever heard, hands down. Anna Tsuchiya has such a wonderful voice, I love the fact that she gets to voice Nana Osaki, who is such a powerfull and beautiful protagonist. Since this show is more mature than others, the target audience is older (20+ years) and the opening is more serious too. It brings out nicely the emotional themes of this anime, while giving you slight hints of what the story might be about. The fact that we get to see Nana perform makes it even more realistic and I can say that this was one of my favorite aspects.
What really made the difference for me were the little details in the scenery: the guitar, the cigarette, the table by the window....It gives me chills even now that last scene with the table and the one with the glass...Just watch the series and you'll know what I'm talking about!

3. Sailor Moon Crystal - Moon Pride




As much as I love Moonlight Densetsu, Moon Pride wins because it is 10 times more catchy than the old opening. Now, before you kill me, I love every single opening and ending  from Sailor Moon, be it from the classical series of from Crystal. I think that Crystal fails when it comes to graphics, storyline and the characters' personality (which the writers basically butchered in their attempt to make this reboot good-looking and popular with the fandom),  but wins when it comes to openings and endings (I mean, have you heard Eternal Eternity?). The opening makes the show look better than it is and really gives you that feeling that the old Sailor Moon series used to: it gets you pumped up for the episode and singing your lungs out. Or was that just me? Anyway, I love the message of the song, I love the opening itself and how evey senshi sung a line of the song, and I love how beautiful the scenes are.

2.  Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu Opening 2 - Super Driver




This song brings out the true colors of this anime: it suits perfectly Haruhi's personality, and reading the English translation, I can't help but think that this is a song that she sings to Kyon (since the song is sung by Aya Hirano, Haruhi's seiyuu, aka voice actress). Only the thought of it fills me with OTP feels. I love how every little action is coordinated with the rhytm of the song. Also, how colorfull everything is makes me want to dance. All in all, this is my second-favorite opening theme of all time and your argument is invalid.

1. Nodame Cantabile - Allegro Cantabile




I honestly think this is the best opening ever because not only it matches the theme of the anime, but the lyrics are so beautifully-written. The song itself is filled with poetry and the little details that match the protagonists are all in harmony with the song. I just adore how easy it is to sing this song, how much it pops in your head when you least expect it to and how nostalgic it makes me feel. Perhaps I chose it out of personal reasons, sine I'm very attached to the world of classical music myself, but besides that, even if you haven't seen the series, it is a great song. 


This has been my Top 10 Anime Openings. Don't be afraid to add your own faves in the comments :) 



You Might Also Like

0 comments